P.38 Quiz Number Three
Click next to the most correct answer. Grade your quiz at the bottom.
1) A P.38 barrel with a 'Crown over N' proof and the marking '953' was manufactured by _____.
a) the Soviet Union
b) West Germany
c) East Germany
2) The Manurhin Pistolet P1 was manufactured in _____ and assembled/proofed in _____.
a) West Germany, France
b) West Germany, England
c) France, France
d) France, West Germany
3) Which of the following does the standard P4 have that the P1 does
b) Shorter barrel
c) Solid top slide
d) All of the above
4) If your P.38 is shooting high and left of point-of-aim, you need to _____.
a) install a lower front sight and move it to the right
b) install a lower front sight and move it to the left
c) install a higher front sight and move it to the right
d) install a higher front sight and move it to the left
5) A World War II frame with an 'M1' (or 'MI') marking indicates _____.
a) A reworked frame that has passed subsequent inspection
b) A pre-1943 Mauser made frame
c) A frame made by FN
d) None of the above
6) A short barreled byf44 is most likely _____.
a) a Gestapo pistol
b) a post-war Volkspolizei
c) an SS Officer's pistol
d) a fake
7) To install the firing pin in the slide, the safety must be _____.
a) in the 'safe' position
b) in the 'fire' position
c) in either the 'safe' or 'fire' position
d) not yet installed
8) The 'ac' frame marking was dropped in _____, and the barrel caliber marking was dropped in _____.
a) 1941, 1942
b) 1942, 1942
c) 1941, 1941
d) 1942, 1941
9) The P.38 barrel has _____ lands/grooves with a _____ hand twist.
a) four, right
b) six, right
c) four, left
d) five, left
10) The 'circled flaming grenade' marking is occasionally seen on _____.
a) French svw45 and svw46 pistols
b) Early Mauser pistols (while still under Walther supervision)
c) Spreewerk letter prefix pistols